Gauge Panel: Repeat options/Repeat by variable + Transform/Config from query results does not set maximum correctly

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?

Grafana version: v9.4.7 (4add91f03d)
Runtime: Desktop Docker For Windows
Data Source: Prometheus

• What are you trying to achieve?

I have the following Prometheus metrics for pool connections with current/min/max gauge metrics:

# HELP atomicos_connections_min Min connections
# TYPE atomicos_connections_min gauge
atomicos_connections_min{application="local-railway-api-service",pool="rolis-main@postgres-distributed",} 2.0
atomicos_connections_min{application="local-railway-api-service",pool="rolis-main@sybase-distributed",} 3.0
atomicos_connections_min{application="local-railway-api-service",pool="rolis-meta@postgres-distributed",} 2.0

# HELP atomicos_connections_max Max connections
# TYPE atomicos_connections_max gauge
atomicos_connections_max{application="local-railway-api-service",pool="rolis-main@postgres-distributed",} 4.0
atomicos_connections_max{application="local-railway-api-service",pool="rolis-main@sybase-distributed",} 5.0
atomicos_connections_max{application="local-railway-api-service",pool="rolis-meta@postgres-distributed",} 4.0

# HELP atomicos_connections Total connections
# TYPE atomicos_connections gauge
atomicos_connections{application="local-railway-api-service",pool="rolis-main@postgres-distributed",} 2.0
atomicos_connections{application="local-railway-api-service",pool="rolis-main@sybase-distributed",} 3.0
atomicos_connections{application="local-railway-api-service",pool="rolis-meta@postgres-distributed",} 2.0

I want to visualize gauge for each pool with different min/current/max gauge values looks like this:

• How are you trying to achieve it?

I have added new dashboard.

I have added variables to my dashboard:

• application: label_values(atomicos_connections_max{}, application)
  • atomicos_pool: label_values(atomicos_connections_max{application=“$application”}, pool) with multi-value option

I have added panel with Gauge visualization and set the following properties:

Panel Options:
  Title: $atomicos_pool
  Repeat options:
     Repeat by variable: atomicos_pool
     Repeate direction: Horizontal
     Max per row: 4

Value options:
  Show: Calculation
  Calculation: Last *
  Fields: Numeric Fields
Gauge
  Show threshold labels: True

Query
   A: atomicos_connections{application="$application", pool="$atomicos_pool"}
   B: atomicos_connections_max{application="$application", pool="$atomicos_pool"}

Transform
  Config from query results:
    Config query: B
    Apply to: Fields with type
    Apply to options: Numeric(2)
    Field: {__name="atomicos_connections_max...}
    Use as: Max
    Select: Last *
  • What happened?

The gauge maximum value has been set only for the first value of the repeated variable atomicos_pool, as the result only the first gauge looks correctly. You can see it on the picture:

• What did you expect to happen?

I expected to see correct gauge maximum value for each value of the repeated variable.

• Can you copy/paste the configuration(s) that you are having problems with?

Yes, I can share one with pastebin: { "annotations": { "list": [ { "builtIn": 1, "d - Pastebin.com

• Did you receive any errors in the Grafana UI or in related logs? If so, please tell us exactly what they were.

No, there are no any errors

• Did you follow any online instructions? If so, what is the URL?

My approach is based on the following article but with several changes: https://blog.devops.dev/grafana-dynamic-gauge-max-value-48565abbf083